Modeled after sister-ships AmaKristina, AmaStella and AmaViola, AmaLea, a 156-guest ship, is the newest addition to AmaWaterways European fleet set to sail the Danube and popular seasonal Tulip Time itinerary. AmaLea will debut in 2018 and today AmaWaterways launched the company’s 2018 Europe, Asia & Africa Extensive Brochure.
“Whether sailing as a couple, solo or with a multigenerational group, AmaWaterways has a list of offerings in 2018 that will meet the expectations of our cruisers,” said Karst. “!It’s essential that we remain at the forefront of industry innovation – whether that involves ship design, food and wine experiences or new exploration – and we will continue to add opportunities for our guests as we progress through the years ahead!”
For the very first time, AmaWaterways has introduced ten- and eleven-night cruises on the Rhine and Moselle Rivers and a new seven-night Danube itinerary that begins or ends in Vienna. AmaWaterways is giving travelers more choices to explore the most sought-after destinations around the world introducing six new Europe itineraries and two new exotic itineraries in Africa and Vietnam & Cambodia.
Guests will enjoy the luxury, service, and complimentary choices for which AmaWaterways is known, including the intimate Chef’s Table specialty restaurant – complete with a twelve-course tasting menu developed by award-winning executive chef, Primus Perchtold – and new daily complimentary “Sip and Sail” cocktail hour.
New 2018 itineraries include:
• Rhine & Moselle Delights – ten-night cruise from Basel to Amsterdam with optional three-night land extension in Zurich
• Rhine & Moselle Fairytales – eleven-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel with optional three-night land extension in Zurich
• Danube Serenade – seven-night cruise between Nuremberg and Vienna with optional three-night land extension in Prague and two-night land extension in Vienna
• Medieval Treasures – seven-night cruise from Basel to Nuremberg with optional three-night land extension in Zurich and Prague
• Rhine & Moselle Splendors – seven-night cruise from Luxembourg to Basel with optional three-night land extension in Paris and Zurich
• Magical Christmas Markets – seven-night cruise between Nuremberg and Vienna with optional two-night land extension in Prague and Vienna
• Charms of the Mekong – two nights in Ho Chi Minh City, a seven-night cruise from Ho Chi Minh City to Prek Kdam, two nights in Siem Reap, three nights in Hanoi and one night in Ha Long Bay
• Wildlife and the Falls – one night in Johannesburg, a four-night African river safari, two nights in Victoria Falls, two nights in Johannesburg and two nights at a luxury safari lodge in Greater Kruger National Park.
In addition, a new Wellness program will be rolled out, which includes a dedicated wellness instructor offering group yoga, running and tai-chi classes and health and wellness lectures. Guests wishing to continue with their healthy lifestyle while onboard can do so with AmaWaterways’ award-winning biking and hiking tours along Europe’s historic rivers. These guided tours are included in the cruise fare and are provided at a variety of paces. AmaWaterways has also expanded their collection of healthy food choices – including vegetarian and gluten-free options to help accommodate health-conscious guests.
For pricing, Early Booking Promotional Offers, and specific itineraries, download AmaWaterways’ Extensive 2018 Europe, Asia and Africa brochure at http://www.AmaWaterways.com. To request a print brochure, please contact a travel professional, order online or call (800) 626-0126. Follow AmaWaterways on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AmaWaterways and Twitter @AmaWaterways.